AJAXWorld Conference & Expo 2007 West is the world’s leading Web 2.0 and Rich Internet Application (RIA) event. AJAXWorld, this year, is expected to attract more than 2,000 i-technology developers, technology evangelists, architects, project managers and C-level executives. In less than 18 months, AJAXWorld has grown from a single track, one-day seminar into a four-day international conference & expo, with more than 150 sessions delivered in 10 simultaneous tracks, by more than 120 faculty members.
How is AJAX being deployed in enterprise IT today? What are the most popular AJAX-compatible RIAs? Most popular frameworks and toolkits? How are savvy companies integrating AJAX-based mashups in this Web 2.0 age? What are the challenges in AJAX security? In server-side AJAX? Bottom line: How soon can you be monetizing AJAX? AJAXWorld Conference & Expo answers these questions and more!
01: RIAs in Action
06: Hot Topics
02: Web 2.0 Enterprise Mashups
07: iPhone AJAX Applications
03: Enterprise AJAX
08: Advanced AJAX/Platform Choices
04: RIA Frameworks & Toolkits
09: Real-World AJAX
05: Security & Performance
10: Laszlo Diamond Track
• Ted Farrell is chief architect for Tools and Middleware at Oracle. Mr. Farrell is responsible for the technical and strategic direction of Oracle's frameworks and development tools products, including Oracle JDeveloper, Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF), Oracle Metadata Services (MDS) and Oracle WebCenter Framework. He also oversees the building and aligning various middleware technologies with a vision that allows Oracle to become a leader in J2EE and service-oriented development and frameworks.
• Joe Stagner is a Senior Program Manager in Microsoft Corporation?s Developer Tools and Platform Group and has been with Microsoft since 2001 focusing on highly scalable and performant web application architectures, multiplatform interoperability and software security. Joe brings 30 years technical and business strategy experience to Microsoft which affords him a unique experiential perspective.
• Robert Brewin is a Sun Distinguished Engineer and CTO of Sun Microsystems. His responsibilities include technical leadership for developer products and application platforms, including the Java platform, mobility, enterprise software and business integration products. Within this role, some of his key areas of responsibility include Sun's expanding role in the development of Web 2.0 technologies, improving the developer experience, and alignment and integration of our platforms, technologies and tools. Bob brings his extensive customer and developer-focused experience to bear as prior to taking on this new role, he was the chief architect for Sun's developer tools portfolio, where he was a principal driver behind a number of key initiatives and projects, including Sun's rich internet applications platform, JavaFX. These included strategic enhancements to the award-winning NetBeans IDE, architectural changes and alignment of the Studio family of tools and add-ons with NetBeans and as the visionary behind the design, creation and delivery of the revolutionary Java Studio Creator product.
As manager of operations for the OpenAJAX Alliance, I am pleased to serve as Technical Chair of the AJAXWorld Conference & Expo 2007 West.
Members of the OpenAJAX Alliance have a prime objective of accelerating customer success with AJAX by promoting customers' ability to mix and match solutions from AJAX technology providers and by helping to drive the future of the AJAX ecosystem.
In this spirit, AJAXWorld Conference & Expo 2007 West recognizes that AJAX has moved well past its initial stage as simply a topic of interest among developers and architects, and is now firmly positioned as an essential ingredient in the creation of 21st century Web 2.0 Websites and Web environments.
Whether you are a developer, IT manager, or corporate decisionmaker, the program you will experience during the four days of this tremendous event will provide you with comprehensive information and insight into the biggest paradigm shift in web site design, development, and deployment since the invention of the World Wide Web.
With 10 simultaneous education tracks spread over four information-packed days, including the special day-long AJAXWorld University Bootcamp, delegates will be also be able to explore AJAX and RIAs in the greater context of the overall Web 2.0 spectrum. AJAXWorld features a faculty of more than 120 distinguished speakers, presenting more than 150 sessions, keynotes, and power panel discussions.
I am sure you will enjoy the four days of AJAXWorld tremendously, and I look forward to seeing you at the show!
AJAXWorld Conference & Expo 2007 West www.AJAXWorld.com
AJAXWorld Conference & Expo 2007 West Draws Record Press Coverage With More Than 700 Stories Google News lists 700 stories filed under the keyword
'AJAXWorld' after October's event
The second International AJAXWorld (a registered trademark of SYS-CON Media) Conference & Expo generated record press coverage for any i-technology event in the past 6 years. A quick search on Google News brought 700 stories under the keyword "AJAXWorld."
View Press Coverage...
The World's Largest Rich Internet Application (RIA), Web 2.0, and AJAX Program The Main Conference at AJAXWorld Conference & Expo West 2007 includes:
• 150+ conference sessions running on ten tracks, with the world's most comprehensive list of speakers selected from the world's leading AJAX technologists and practitioners, including high-level IT executives, industry thought leaders, and analysts. The AJAXWorld conference program includes such key AJAX figures as Douglas Crockford, John Crupi, Kevin Hakman, Christophe Coenraets, Coach Wei, Bill Scott, David Linthicum, Brad Abrams, Dean Allemang, Joshua Gertzen, Eric Miraglia, Eric Newcome, Jouk Pleiter, Mike Potter, David Temkin, Joe Walker, Bob Buffone, Jonas Jacobi, John Fallows, and more than 100 others.
• Topical, interactive "Power Panels" simulcast on SYS-CON.TV. The Power Panels bring together the best commentators and thought leaders in the AJAX universe for interactive discussions of the leading topics of the day. The Power Panels are available to all delegates, and are viewed live by a worldwide audience of AJAX developers, architects, entrepreneurs, and executives.
• Demos from an expected 75 vendors, both in General Sessions and in the Exhibit Hall/AJAX Showcase. Led by Diamond Sponsor Laszlo Systems, Platinum Sponsor IBM, and Gold Sponsors Backbase and Nexaweb, the Expo Hall presents the world's largest exhibition of AJAX technologies in the world. The AJAXWorld exhibitor list also includes Adobe, Cynergy, JackBe, TIBCO, Google, Helmi, ICESoft, JetBrains, Kapow Technologies, Oracle, Etelos, Parasoft, Quasar, Servoy, Sun Microsystems, Dynamic Toolbar, Farata Systems, Froglogic, ILOG, IT Mill, Microsoft, Passport, Open Spot, Lightstreamer, SmartClient, ThinWire, Universal Mind, OASIS, and an estimated 40+ other companies.
Ten Content-Rich Tracks As always, delegates will be able to stay strictly on one track or mix-and-match their hand-picked session choices. They have more choice than ever before at AJAXWorld Conference & Expo 2007 West, with the following tracks from which to choose:
• RIAs in Action. There is tremendous momentum behind the development of all flavors of AJAX. Witness the growth of the OpenAJAX Alliance to 70+ members, and major AJAX-compatible platforms from Adobe, and more recently, Microsoft and Sun Microsystems. Developers and architects each have their preferences, yet are also working with multiple technologies to integrate AJAX into individual Rich Internet Applications (RIAs) as well as service-oriented architectures (SOAs).
• Web 2.0 Enterprise Mash-ups. The mash-up is not just a cool thing that draws raves from the leading edge, but rather, a practical approach to combining applications full of data and graphical elements into new environments that are larger and more significant than the sum of their parts. In the Web 2.0, it is increasingly essential to consider community, true interactivity, flexibility, and sheer user enjoyment when designing, deploying, and maintaining the software that is driving today's Worldwide Web.
• Enterprise AJAX. Now that AJAX has grown far beyond its initial infancy, enterprises in all major markets on a worldwide basis as integrating AJAX-y features into their front ends. They are doing so to improve their customers' experience generally, and to reap the benefits of providing richer, faster, more effective user interfaces in particular. There is no longer simply a trend toward AJAX, but rather, a global adoption by the smartest, most sophisticated companies in the world.
• RIA Frameworks & Toolkits. A wealth of widgets, frameworks, toolkits, and accompanying software has helped create the AJAX movement. Whether single-vendor solutions, multi-vendor collaborations, organizational efforts, or community-oriented open-source software, the world of Frameworks and Toolkits has never been richer. Developers, architects, and organizations face a wide-open panoply of choices and the accompanying decisions they need to make to utilize the most effective software for their particular environments and requirements.
• Hot Topics. The wonders being accomplished at the front end with AJAX and components such as The Dom, CSS, and XMLHttpRequestObject have effects on the server side, and it's critical that developers and architects from both sides engage in a continuous dialog. Server-side handlers, functions, transformations, languages, and frameworks all come into play when constructing end-to-end solutions that take advantage of the world of AJAX at the front end.
• iPhone AJAX Applications. Apple's iPhone has been one of the most eagerly awaited consumer electronics items in years. It has also created tremendous excitement within the developer community, who see its potential to receive AJAX-oriented applications as a unique opportunity. Given Apple's estimates of 10 million units sold over the coming year, the iPhone will be one of the top topics of conversation this year and beyond.
• Advanced AJAX/Platform Choices. Adobe has captured a large share of front-end developers with its power Flex environment, which integrates well with other Adobe and third-party technologies. Microsoft decided to join this party earlier in the year with its Silverlight platform, and then Sun Microsystems announced that it will be developing its own JavaFX technology to compete in this space. This track provides the opportunity for developers to witness these competing platforms on the same stage throughout the conference.
• Real-World AJAX. Change is the only constant, and there will always be a bleeding edge. What is poised on the cusp of change this year? What new technologies, approaches, breakthroughs, upgrades, incremental and quantum leaps are affecting what's going on with the world of AJAX now and into the near future?
• Laszlo Diamond Track. Special presentations form this track. Learn about the latest technologies and solutions, and how they are being put to practical and profitable use, through a series of product overviews and demos, customer success stories, and interactive Q&A sessions.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at SYS-CON's 21st Int\ernational Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutio...
We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless ...
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM has been named “Diamond Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 21st Cloud Expo, which will take place on October 31 through November 2nd 2017 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.
The financial services market is one of the most data-driven industries in the world, yet it’s bogged down by legacy CPU technologies that simply can’t keep up with the task of querying and visualizing billions of records. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Karthik Lalithraj, a ...
Automation is enabling enterprises to design, deploy, and manage more complex, hybrid cloud environments. Yet the people who manage these environments must be trained in and understanding these environments better than ever before. A new era of analytics and cognitive computing i...
The official Release Candidate of Windows 7 will be available for download by MSDN and TechNet subscribers from April 30, according to the Windows Team Blog, but public availability won't begin till May 5th.
In ASP.NET 2.0, we introduced a very powerful set of application services in ASP.NET (Membership, Roles and profile). In 3.5 we created a client library for accessing them from Ajax and .NET Clients and exposed them via WCF web services. For more information on the base level ASP.NET ...
Microsoft introduced Silverlight as cross-platform, cross-browser next generation RIA solution. This session will use real world implementations to show you how to build a Silverlight application from start to finish, as well overall strategy why we should or shouldn't use Silverlight....
The Web has evolved into a structured data space of loosely connected databases, enabling granular data access-by-reference to Web-accessible entities, courtesy of HTTP. This evolution and the emergence of AJAX-based RIA technologies lay the foundation for a new generation of libraries...
SaaS based applications continue to grow at a staggering rate. According to software market analysts, SaaS represented approximately 5% of business software revenue in 2005 and, by 2011, 25% of new business software will be delivered as SaaS and will grow at a 21% % annual growth rate ...
Come see a no-slides, code-only presentation that starts with a blank directory and builds a data-driven, AJAX enabled, ASP.NET web application from scratch that implements common AJAX patterns with the rich set of AJAX Control Toolkit, accesses data with LINQ, and implements standards...
Today, there is a wealth of technologies to take advantage of to add AJAX behaviors to your Spring-based Java Web applications. This session will assume you know the basics of AJAX and Spring, and will dive straight into evaluating the leading AJAX technologies, and how to integrate th...
As the mobile Web matures, we see more and more people running around airports with their mobile devices in hand, searching for hotel rooms, reading the news, or just playing video games. People are more connected with their mobile phone today than any other electronic device they use....
Register by September 21st and you will also receive a FREE copy of the best-selling AJAX book"Real-World AJAX" a $119 value!
AJAXWorld offers the undisputed best platform to position your company as a leading vendor in the fast-emerging marketplace for AJAX and Web 2.0.
Who Should Attend?
• Web Programmers and Designers
• Technology Evangelists
• Senior Architects
• Project Managers
• User Interface Architects
• Web Consultants
• C-Level Execs and Developers Who Need
to Stay in Front of the Latest Web Technology!
AJAXWorld University Developer Bootcamp
On September 23, 2007, AJAXWorld University's "AJAX Developer Bootcamp" will be an intensive, one-day hands-on training program that will teach Web developers and designers how to build high-quality AJAX applications from beginning to end.
Held the day before the AJAXWorld Conference & Expo begins, the Bootcamp is intended to be the premier AJAX instructional program presently available anywhere.
View the full one-day schedule
2007 West Conference Speakers Include
Track 01: RIAs in Action
Rich Internet Applications (RIAs) involve more than platforms. Accessbility, social networking, and browser wars are all part of the mix.
Track 02: Web 2.0 / Enterprise Mashups
Move beyond basic mashups to explore the world of Web 2.0 philosophies and technologies as they move into enterprise IT and large, sophisticated web environments.
Track 03: Enterprise AJAX
Every enterprise that wants to remain competitive is now adopting AJAX as an essential part of the customer experience, while creating end-to-end solutions.
Track 04: RIA Frameworks & Toolkits
Dig down into the details of what frameworks and toolkits are best for each situation. Examine the best of commercial and open source alternatives.
Track 05: Security & Performance
AJAX applications are as vulnerable to security breaches as anything else, and a number of people, companies, and movements are now starting to address these problems seriously.
Track 06: Hot Topics
It's all about end-to-end solutions, and getting those beautiful AJAX front ends to perform flawlessly with the server side within the enterprise.
Track 07: iPhone AJAX Applications
Apple's iPhone has set off a new gold rush. Learn here about the enormous opportunities for developers on this most exciting of new platforms!
Track 08: Monday Advanced AJAX
Track 08: Tuesday & Wednesday Platform Choices
Major players Microsoft, Adobe, and Sun have all outlined their RIA/AJAX visions. How seriously will Silverlight and Java FX challenge the very mature Adobe Flex environment?
Track 09: Real–World AJAX
There's always somebody out there, doing things no one else has imagined. Find out here what's going on at the far end of the bell curve.
Track 10: Laszlo Diamond Track
Very special sponsor presentations form the core of this track. Join Laszlo Technologies in its special sessions. Plan to find more of your favorite vendors here as well.
Don't Miss the Laszlo Track
On September 24, 2007 SYS-CON Events' will present the "Laszlo Track" about Next-Generation Web Application Development! Learn Laszlo in sessions including:
AJAX, RIA, Web 2.0, Open Source, and More,
OpenLaszlo 4.1: AJAX and Beyond,
About Laszlo Webtop, Part I: Pushing the Frontier of Desktop-Like User Experiences,
About Laszlo Webtop, Part II: How to Build Webtop Applications,
The Cinematic User Experience: Directing the Action in Interaction Design,
Laszlo in Action: Real-World Success Stories and
Hands-On Open Laszlo training!
September 23, 2007. The "Adobe Flex Developer Bootcamp" is an intensive, one-day hands-on training program that will teach Web developers and designers how to build Rich Internet Application using Adobe Flex. During this day attendees will create two fully functional applications. Pre-requisites: working knowledge of any object-oriented programming language. This workshop will be taught by Flex experts from Farata Systems – Yakov Fain and Dr. Victor Rasputnis, co-authors of the book Developing RIA with Adobe Flex and Java. If you want to jump-start your new Flex project, this workshop is as good as it gets. View the full one-day schedule